“Nigeria Vis a Vis” Regulation
Casa África, a public and cultural diplomacy agency attached to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation of Spain, announces the initiative “Nigeria Vis a Vis”, the first professional meeting between Spanish music producers and programmers and musicians from Nigeria, whose final phase will be held in Lagos, Nigeria, from March 22nd to 25th, 2023.
1. All bands residing in Nigeria can participate in this initiative.
2. The initiative is open to any kind of music style and language.
3. Registration is open: from February 2nd to March 10th 2023.
4. Registration will be formalized on visavis.es/nigeria providing the name of the artist or group and those of its members, their songs MP3, music clips/videos (optional), web page, links, images and Contact information. Once registered, each participant may submit up to three musical compositions in MP3 format.
5. The participants allow Nigeria Vis a Vis organisers to reproduce and publicly communicate their music for promotional purposes through radio, audio streaming, digital video on Internet or any other ways that encourage this promotion. Such authorization will be valid throughout the duration of the initiative, i.e. since the publication of the notice until the end of “Nigeria Vis a Vis”.
6. After the registration of artists and their music, a Selection Committee, formed by Spanish programmers and producers, will select 12 artists or groups among all the candidates. Those selected will participate in professional meetings and perform in live concert "Nigeria Vis a Vis" in a space to be held in Lagos. Concerts and meetings will take place between March 22nd and 25th, 2023.
7. It is imperative to have a repertoire of at least 30 minutes to participate in this initiative. The performances will be live. The number and the people of musicians who participate in these performances they must be the same as those who would travel to Spain, the play back is not being admitted.
8. The maintenance, travel expenses and accommodation of artists or groups that do not live in Lagos necessary for the stay in Lagos from 22nd to 25th March will not be assumed by the organization.
9. The Organization Committee will communicate the schedule for the bands performances.
10. The Organization Committee will provide a minimum backline, technical equipment, microphones and a 5 piece standard drums. Selected bands will bring their own instruments and amplifiers to the show.
11. The concert’s length will be never last more than 3 tracks or 15 minutes.
12. The Organization Committee will select two bands for the upcoming Spanish Music Festival, to be held in Spain during summer 2023. These groups will participate in a promotional concert tour during the month of July 2023 in Spain. The travel cost will be paid by the organization. It will be limited to a maximum of 6 musicians members of the group. The organization will not be responsible for the expenses of other people who can accompany the artists (technicians, road manager, etc.) and will guarantee a technical support team in Spain to serve the selected groups.
13. The Selection Commission is empowered to answer any questions, claim or incident that occurs throughout this process, adopting the respect the decisions it deems pertinent.
14. The participation and registration of data and music in this initiative means full acceptance of these rules by the candidates and the declaration that all data entered are true.